QuickBooks Online Bank Import
- It’s important to know that uploading a csv file into the banking section of QuickBooks Online doesn’t post the entries into the system. It is a review section only. You can still decide not to post the entries or if you have accepted them you can go back and reverse them too.
- While the whole world seems mad to integrate live bank accounts with QuickBooks Online, we still prefer the bank upload version. It gives you a chance to review the entries before accepting them into QuickBooks.
- Have you ever thought that it would be handy to import your Visa card entries into QuickBooks Online? You can by using AutoEntry to turn the Visa statement into a csv file and then upload the entries like you would a bank statement
- One of the most important tools when using the bank import section is RULES. By creating a rule QuickBooks Online can identify the entry more easily and the recognized hit rate goes up. A simple example of a rule is that when the bank text contains “diesel” the entry goes to Motor Expenses – Fuel at SNR23%
- If this sounds like something you want to setup in your QuickBooks Online package. Give us a call and book some QuickBooks Training with one of our accountants to assist with the setup.