This change impacts all Bank of Ireland connections
QuickBooks have recently implemented an important update which will require you to disconnect and reconnect your Bank of Ireland account to the QuickBooks Online platform. This change impacts all Bank of Ireland connections as we continue to develop our service for all customers moving forwards.
What will happen if I don’t disconnect and reconnect my Bank of Ireland account to QuickBooks?
Following this change, you will be unable to update your Bank of Ireland feed, and you will receive an error message. This error message will resolve once you have disconnected and reconnected your Bank of Ireland account to QuickBooks Online.
How do I disconnect and reconnect a bank feed?
When you next login to QuickBooks, please proceed to disconnect and reconnect your bank account. Here’s how:
Disconnect your account:
- In QuickBooks go to Banking and select the affected bank account
- Select the Edit ✎ icon to the right of the bank name and select Edit account Info
- In the Account box, scroll to the bottom and check Disconnect this account on save
- Save and Close
Reconnect your account:
- Go to your bank’s website and navigate to the point where you enter your login credentials
- Copy the address at the top of the page (starts with http), by highlighting the entire address and pressing Ctrl+C
- In QuickBooks, go to Banking and select Add account
- In the ‘Enter your bank name or URL’ field, paste the address copied in step 2 (above), press Enter and try connecting again.
For more information read the guide to Connecting bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online.
Please contact our support team if you require any assistance in reconnecting your bank account to QuickBooks Online.
Thanks for your ongoing commitment to QuickBooks, this update will ensure you continue to enjoy the very best user experience on the platform.